Under 35? Join the BIF Next Gen scheme and buy festival tickets for £5 - £10
Calling all under 35s! With a range of world class opera, musical theatre, books, music and jazz, once again Under 35 Next Generation BIF Friends members can book tickets for as little as £5 a ticket.
Located in the heart of the stunning surroundings of the Peak District, Buxton is just a short train ride from Manchester. Come along to the festival and experience a brilliant day out in Buxton with beautiful walks, great local amenities, and a thriving atmosphere of music and theatre in the heat of summer.
Some highlights to look forward to this year:
The Lang of Might-Have Been
- A brand new musical set to the music of Ivor Novello with Book and Lyrics by Michael Williams, telling the story of Vera and Edward Brittain before and during the First World War. The world premiere of this work features the star of the West End’s Amelie, Audrey Brisson, and is directed by Kimberley Sykes.
La Sonnambula – Vincenzo Bellini
- Conducted by BIF’s Artistic Director Adrian Kelly and directed by Harry Fehr, this opera features some of Bellini’s most renowned music and showcases operatic singing at its finest. This Italian opera of love, jealousy and passion is set to be a highlight of the 2023 season.
- A range of fantastic concerts featuring some of the UK’s top musicians, including Nicola Benedetti, Dame Sarah Connolly, The King’s Singers, Sacha Rattle and Peter Donohoe.
- Following an opera, musical or book event, extend your evening with a variety of late night Jazz performances at the Jazz Café in the Pavilion Gardens. Perfect for grabbing a glass of wine and a bite to eat after a day out in Buxton, and featuring national and international jazz legends.
- BIF also boasts one of the UK’s finest book festivals and this year will be hosting talks from Academy, Tony, Olivier and Golden Globe Award-nominated Sir David Hare, Turner Prize-winning artist Jeremy Delier, Antarctica explorer Sara Wheeler and author of ‘I’m Black So You Don’t Have to Be: A Memoir in Eight Lives’, Colin Grant.
How to join Next Gen for FREE
- Sign up for FREE to become one of our Next Generation Friends by visiting our website https://buxtonfestival.co.uk/friends-of-bif
- Once registered, you’ll receive a unique code granting you access to £5 tickets to all book events and £10 tickets to all opera, music and jazz (a saving of up to £75!).
- Simply ring up the Box Office on 01298 72190 with the performance you’d like to book and your Next Generation Friend info. It’s that simple!
- You’ll also be able to beat the crowds, as well as receiving regular newsletters, invites to Friends events throughout the year, and will be part of the Friends of Buxton International Festival community. And it’s all completely FREE!