Who are the Friends?
Becoming a Friend is more than donating your membership. You will become part of the 'Festival Family' - and we are often described as the heart and soul of the Festival.
“BIF has one of the best Friends organisations in the music world.”
– Wyn Davies, Conductor and Patron of the Friends
Since we began in 1970, our members have donated over 2 million pounds towards the Festival. Our subscriptions go on everything from supporting entire operas to engaging top-class musicians and speakers, to supporting the Festival Chorus and Young Artists Programme.
The generosity of our members is fundamental to BIF’s growth and success, and has enabled our Festival to become one of the UK’s leading arts festivals.
To the 2,200 of you who are already Friends – we cannot thank you enough for your ongoing support.
“By joining the Friends, we became part of a Festival we love.”
– Mary & Andrew, Friends since 2013
Becoming a Friend is more than donating your membership. You will become part of the ‘Festival Family’. We invite our members to special events organised throughout the year from meals, recitals, and study days.
Our Friends receive a range of special rewards including access to priority booking, opportunities to book UK and international music holidays, and regular Friends newsletters with exclusive ‘inside’ information.
So please do join us. You will feel rewarded and deeply satisfied to be supporting our unique Festival.
Membership & Join
Our six tiers of membership start from just £33 and have their own individual rewards.
All Friends are rewarded with:
- Priority booking
- Two Overture Friends newsletters a year with exclusive interviews, stories and messages from the Festival team
- Regular E-newsletters keeping you up-to-date with Festival news and events
- Opportunities to enjoy Friends events throughout the year, including meals, recitals and UK and international music holidays
- Recognition of your support in the Festival Souvenir Programme Book
- The knowledge that your support is helping us deliver another incredible Festival
Renew or Join by Direct Debit
Become a Friend now via PayPal below
Individual £33 / Joint £44
- One week’s priority booking with two tickets per performance and four for joint members
Become a Gold Friend now via PayPal below
£66 Individual / £88 Joint
- Two week’s priority booking with four tickets per performance and six for joint members
Become a Patron now via PayPal below
£193 Individual / £257 Joint
- Three week’s priority booking with unlimited seats per performance
- Advance copy of the Festival brochure sent by email
- Festival Programme Book
- Interval Drinks at the Cavendish Bar
Become a Gold Patron now via PayPal below
£330 Individual £440 Joint
Includes all Patron rewards plus
- Four weeks priority booking – unlimited seats
- Priority wait list for sold out events
- Invitation to attend a Dress Rehearsal for ticket holders
Become a Benefactor now via PayPal below
£550 Individual £735 Joint
Includes all Patron rewards plus
- Personalised booking service
- An opportunity to meet Festival artists
- An invitation to attend the annual Festival Dinner at a special rate
Become a member of the Directors Circle now via PayPal below
£1,650 Individual or Joint
Includes all Benefactor rewards plus
- Your own Relationship Manager
- Tour of the opera set
- Invitations to previews and special events
Next Gen Friends
Next Generation Friends of Buxton International Festival
Are you under 35? Do you enjoy live music? Would you like to experience world class opera, hear the best literary speakers and attend mind-blowing musical performances in our beautiful spa town? If the answer’s yes, then join our Next Generation Friends for free.
We want to make Buxton International Festival accessible to everyone and with our Next Gen scheme you can buy festival tickets for a tenner, get invites to one-off performances throughout the year and keep up to date with all our news.
Reasons to become a Next Gen Friend:
· £10 tickets to Buxton International Festival performances.
· Receive invites to Friends events throughout the year.
· Keep up to date with Festival news via our newsletters.
· Be a part of the Festival by joining the Friends of Buxton International Festival community.
Fill out our short form below to join.
If you’re over 35 and would like to get involved then click here to get more information about becoming a Friend of Buxton International Festival.
Stay up to date with the latest Friends news and stories
Friends of BIF Annual General Meeting 2021
The 2021 Annual General Meeting for the Friends of Buxton International Festival will take place on Thursday 4th February at 11.00am over Zoom. Please confirm your attendance or send apologies to the Friends Administrator, Lee Barnes, at email@example.com. We hope you can join us!
Read the Agenda: HERE
Read the Trustees’ Annual Report & Financial Statement for 2020: HERE
Read the Minutes of the previous AGM: HERE
Friends of BIF October Newsletter
Friends of BIF Annual General Meeting 2020
On Tuesday 14 February Friends of Buxton International Festival gathered for the 2020 AGM. We also enjoyed a piano recital by Jamie Bergin supported by The Keyboard Trust followed by a delicious buffet lunch.
Read the minutes from the AGM below:
We are optimistic about seeing you this year and are working on a programme of Friends Events revolving around our staples of good music, good food, good company and cheer.
Details will be released once we are sure the events can go ahead safely and that they work within the Government’s COVID-19 guidelines.
Here's to an exciting 2021!