Are you our next Kaleidoscope Choir Leader?
Kaleidoscope Community Choir is delivered in partnership with Buxton Opera House and Buxton International Festival under their joint Outreach Programme ‘Platform 3’. The choir rehearse weekly at the Pavilion Arts Centre and hold a number of public performances each year including Buxton Festival Fringe, Buxton International Festival Friends Events, Christmas concerts and other community events. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Community Choir Leader who can take Kaleidoscope into its next exciting phase from January 2024.
Skills & Experience
- An experienced, freelance musical director and/or choir leader with experience of leading amateur community choirs.
- Competent on the keyboard .
- Proficient in music theory and conducting.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and full of passion for teaching singing and music in the community.
- To work alongside our Outreach and Engagement Producer to plan a programme of events and concerts throughout the year.
- Plan weekly sessions, and music covering a wide range of repertoire.
- The successful candidate will need to be available on Tuesdays 1-2pm from January the 9th for rehearsals.
- Additional rehearsals may be required leading up to projects and concerts (especially during the festival season.)
- All sheet music and resources are provided by the Festival.
- Pay is £50-£60 per session (dependent on experience).
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an informal interview and will run a 30 minute trial session with Kaleidoscope Choir at a rehearsal in October.
If you would like to find out more about this position or to apply please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for this role (no more than 1 side of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 29th