This event has now sold out. However you may be interested in:
- Gary Younge, Dispatches from the Diaspora, Friday 7 July at 10am
- Polly Toynbee, An Uneasy Inheritance, Saturday 8 July at 10am
- Baroness Catherine Ashton, And Then What?, Tuesday 11 July at 10am
- Tomiwa Olowade, This is Not America, Thursday 13 July at 4pm
- Chris Mullin, Didn’t You Use to be Chris Mullin?, Monday 17 July at 12.30pm
- Edward Stourton, Confessions, Tuesday 18 July at 12.30pm
- Ian Dale, On This Day in Politics, Friday 21 July at 4pm
But What Can I Do? Why Politics Has Gone So Wrong, and How You Can Help Fix It
In recent years, the world of politics has taken a series of disastrous wrong turns. We have witnessed leaders who can’t – or shouldn’t be allowed to – lead, policies that are either self-serving or don’t work, and world views that are corrosive or short term.
Alastair Campbell’s aim in But What Can I Do? is twofold: to explain why things have gone so wrong, and to show what we can to help put them right. A mix of polemic, analysis and practical advice, this is a political masterclass from an eminent political commentator and strategist. Iain Dale is a broadcaster and former parliamentary candidate.